Saturday, December 13, 2008

Super Savings Saturday: Chocolate, Toys, and Holiday Shine!


$0.07 chocolate at CVS!

I had a slow start to my "deals shopping" this week, but once I got going, I got some great stuff! 

As you can see from the photo above, I took advantage of the Hershey's deal at CVS. I bought 7 bags of Hershey's Bliss at $3, making it $21. Then I used 2 $2.25/2 coupons from the 9/14 paper insert which brought it down to $16.50. Lucky me, I had also picked up several $1/1 coupons from a "blinkie" inside Walgreens a couple of months ago, so I was able to use 3 of those which brought the total down to $13.50. Add in my $3/$15 CVS coupon and the $10 in ECBs I got back from doing the deal, and I walked out of there with 7 bags of chocolate for $0.50 total!!! Do I need that much chocolate? No. Do I want that much chocolate? Yes. Will I keep all that chocolate? No, I'm planning on using it to put in little gift baggies for my friends with a poem. :-)

Moving on to Walgreens (see photo below), I took advantage of their great deal on the Arm & Hammer laundry detergent, and while I was unable to get the coupons for these to print, I still picked them up to qualify for the $5 RR when you spend $25. I also grabbed 2 Maybelline lip products which were B1G1, and I got the more expensive ones (I wanted something I liked for my husband's office Christmas party tonight) and I only had 1 $4/1 coupon for those. And of course, I grabbed the 2 3-packs of Scotch tape which were free after rebate. I used a $6 RR from last week to help pay, and even with my lack of coupons and getting the more expensive lipstick, my total was still only $4.67 (which I paid using my gift card) and I got back $5 in RRs for next time. I can't complain!

Spent $4.67, got back $5!
My final two conquests were getting $90 worth of gifts for my daughter on Amazon for $30 (they have some killer deals on toys right now!) and spending $3.76 on some really cute address labels for our family and getting back $5 from InboxDollars. Read more about that here.

By the way, my Swagbucks earnings are starting to add up- yesterday I won 10 Swagbucks at once doing a search! It was a pleasant shock to see that "10" pop up! I am now up to 83 Swagbucks- getting close to getting a nice gift card. If you haven't joined yet, you're missing out! Sign up here.

How did you do this week? Score any great deals??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...