Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Few Last-Minute Wrapping Tips


Running out of ribbon? Try a few leftover scraps of patterned wrapping paper...

I had originally intended to do a post with lots of great gift-wrapping ideas, but one day I turned around and suddenly it was two days till Christmas! So here is a very abbreviated version, but hopefully you can snag a few ideas for your upcoming wrap-a-thon. 

In the photo above, I used plain brown paper for the wrapping, and then I used strips of patterned paper as a faux ribbon, then added a cream net ribbon around the outside. My sister-in-law is very into nature and "going green" so I thought she would enjoy the natural look.


This photo is the "before" picture, to illustrate a wrapping technique to crisp up the edges of your gifts. Simply pinch the corners and run your fingers along the edges...



And your gifts will have a nice professionally-wrapped look to them! It's hard to tell from the photos, and it's a subtle effect anyway, but I think it's a nice touch.


Here is the finished gift- just added a little ribbon and it's ready to go. This is my favorite wrapping paper, by the way. 

Merry Christmas, and the best of luck to you and your wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...