I was scanning through the Michaels ad from the Sunday paper and I saw that they have some really great deals this week! Because home decorating stuff and crafty stuff is not usually part of my "deals shopping", I always like to take advantage of good prices on these items when I see them. And lately, I've been itching to bring a little fall atmosphere into my home.
So here are a few of the deals I saw:
- jar candles, usually $5.99, on sale 3 for $10
- Fall floral and foliage, usually $2.99, on sale for $0.99
- 40% off fall garlands (usually $4.99-19.99)
- foam brushes, usually $0.39 each, on sale 20 for $1!
- 40% off scrapbook paper pads
- matted wall frames, usually $7.99-9.99, on sale for $4
- fall potted mums, usually $9.99, on sale for $4.77
- 12x12 scrapbook frames, usually $9.99, on sale for $4
These certainly aren't all the deals, but they were the ones I liked best! I stopped by and picked up 3 of the jar candles (pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, and spice market), 15 foam brushes, some scented pine cones, and a fun fall Welcome sign with pumpkins and fall leaves on it (not on sale, but I was able to use my 50% off coupon from the flyer and get it for $4.99). I also got a cute necklace for my little princess for $0.50 from one of the clearance bins.
I didn't have a container to put the pine cones in so I went to Goodwill and found a pretty clear glass vase for $1.25 that works great! Now my house smells really wonderful and it feels very autumnized (okay, that's my new favorite made-up word!).
I think I'll start keeping my eye out for more great Michaels deals in the future. I can apply all of the same principles that I use when I do my regular deals shopping: buy only the items on sale and stock up! I can even make really good use of that weekly coupon.
Go here to print out your own coupon for 50% off any one regular priced item! To plan your trip, check out all the deals at the Michaels website. Happy autumnizing!