Monday, September 15, 2008

Great Fall Sale at Michaels and Coupon



I was scanning through the Michaels ad from the Sunday paper and I saw that they have some really great deals this week! Because home decorating stuff and crafty stuff is not usually part of my "deals shopping", I always like to take advantage of good prices on these items when I see them. And lately, I've been itching to bring a little fall atmosphere into my home.

So here are a few of the deals I saw:
- jar candles, usually $5.99, on sale 3 for $10
- Fall floral and foliage, usually $2.99, on sale for $0.99
- 40% off fall garlands (usually $4.99-19.99)
- foam brushes, usually $0.39 each, on sale 20 for $1!
- 40% off scrapbook paper pads
- matted wall frames, usually $7.99-9.99, on sale for $4
- fall potted mums, usually $9.99, on sale for $4.77
- 12x12 scrapbook frames, usually $9.99, on sale for $4

These certainly aren't all the deals, but they were the ones I liked best! I stopped by and picked up 3 of the jar candles (pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, and spice market), 15 foam brushes, some scented pine cones, and a fun fall Welcome sign with pumpkins and fall leaves on it (not on sale, but I was able to use my 50% off coupon from the flyer and get it for $4.99). I also got a cute necklace for my little princess for $0.50 from one of the clearance bins.

I didn't have a container to put the pine cones in so I went to Goodwill and found a pretty clear glass vase for $1.25 that works great! Now my house smells really wonderful and it feels very autumnized (okay, that's my new favorite made-up word!). 

I think I'll start keeping my eye out for more great Michaels deals in the future. I can apply all of the same principles that I use when I do my regular deals shopping: buy only the items on sale and stock up! I can even make really good use of that weekly coupon.

Go here to print out your own coupon for 50% off any one regular priced item! To plan your trip, check out all the deals at the Michaels website. Happy autumnizing!

1 comment:

  1. I like your new word. I need to autumnize my house. I love shopping after holiday sales at the craft stores. I think I got a bunch of Halloween/autumn stuff last year at Micheals. I need to pull it all out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...