Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodwill Hunting ;-)


My shopping trip yesterday inspired me to give my favorite local Goodwill a try for the kids' clothes, since I hadn't been there in awhile. Well, it was quite the success! Let me just say that I could have bought much more than I did, but I was trying to stick to a budget and only buy the things they really needed. But ohh, there were so many cute things there- especially for my little girl! I came out with 2 Old Navy sweaters for her, a little 2-piece terry cloth sweatsuit-type thing from Gymboree, a Tommy Hilfiger dress (she didn't need it, but it was too cute), and a pair of Hello Kitty shoes. For my son I got 2 pairs of jeans (Old Navy and Route 66), 2 random-name long-sleeve shirts, and a Carters sweater. 

The grand total? $39. Not bad for 11 pieces total, including the shoes!

I will still probably have more shopping to do as the weather changes and they inevitably grow, but this will probably get them through the first few cold snaps. 

Ahh, Goodwill sucess!

Do you like to frequent your local thrift shop? If so, how often do you find success? Leave a comment and share your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...