Thursday, August 7, 2008

Great Personal Finance Book Recommendation


I am an avid reader, and when I come across a book that I love, I have to share it! I was just sitting down to re-align our budget (there are just some times when that becomes prudent), and I thought back to a book I read a couple of years ago called "All Your Worth" by Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi. 

In their book, they present a very rational and doable plan for money management, including a budgeting formula of 50% Must-Haves, 20% Savings, and 30% Wants. I can tell you that the more in line we've been with that formula, the less stressful our budgeting has been. If you'd like a preview, check out this link. It covers a lot of the main points in the book.

The book is very readable, very enjoyable, and completely motivating. I highly recommend that you check it out from the library- it's definitely on my list of must-reads for everyone I know, especially if you feel like you're in a financial rut!

Does anyone else out there have recommendations for some good financial literature? I am always up for new material!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...