Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Beautiful Thrifty Treat: Music to My Ears


One of the most fun, but most often overlooked challenges of living a beautiful thrifty life is allowing ourselves those little treats to enjoy. It's easy to spend our time trying to find grocery bargains and saving a buck on clothes, but sometimes you just need something that's fun and frugal just for you; that doesn't take a lot of time or money, but it gives you a chance to just indulge yourself for a moment. 

My Beautiful Thrifty Treat for today is music. Sometimes I get that shopping bug where I just want to buy something, so I keep a list of songs I want to get for my iPod. Whenever I feel the need for a little pick-me-up, I'll spend $0.99 on a song I've been wanting. It costs less than a dollar, so it's not going to break my budget, and I get to look forward to listening to the song and adding it to my playlists. I am definitely a music lover, so 3 1/2 minutes of a great song is a real bargain for $0.99, in my opinion. 

If you don't have an mp3 player, then just pull out an old cd with a great song you haven't heard in awhile. Take those 3 1/2 minutes and listen to it. You might be surprised at how the music can lift your whole mood!

Have a beautiful thrifty day!

What are some of your favorite pick-me-up songs?

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog from Moneysavingmom, and I love it! I read your post about outdoor dates, and it reminded me that I NEED to invite my dear hubby out on a date, because there are sooo many free things to do!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...