Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Recent CVS Trip!


One of my fun hobbies (though it's also a useful hobby because it really benefits my family) is couponing, and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically taking coupons and matching them up with store sales in order to get rock-bottom deals on grocery and drugstore items.

Just to give you an idea of how this works, my most recent trip was to CVS, and I spent $1.33. I purchased all the items in the photo- Bic Soleil razor, 2 boxes of bandages, 1 tube of toothpaste, a 4-pack of the razor refills, men's aftershave, and Right Guard Professional Strength deoderant. The total before sales and coupons was $33.53, so I saved $32.20, or approximately 96%. And I received $17 in Extra Care Bucks that I can use like cash toward my next purchase.

I do my couponing at CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Food Lion, and Rite Aid. Occasionally there will also be good deals at Wal-Mart and Target. It takes some time and some planning, and a LOT of coupon clipping, but I love the excitement of getting the great deals, and I love how much money it saves our family. Later today I'll hit Kroger and Food Lion, maybe Walgreens too. I'll post the results here tomorrow!

If you think couponing might be a fun hobby, check out Money Saving Mom. She has taught me everything I know! I read her site daily to see what good deals pop up. Be sure to first read her how-to articles so you can get an idea of how it all works, then just jump in! I will continue to post here on my blog about the deals I get, and I am always open to answering any questions about couponing! 

Interesting...I just glanced at my CVS receipt and it says that my year-to-date savings with my extra care card is $791.14. How about that.    ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey my awesome friend. Add me to your list. I love your blog and you~!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...