Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Week for the Beginner Couponer


For those of you who have given a thought to giving couponing a try, but don't have a huge stash of coupons from the last three months, this is the week for you, specifically at Rite Aid! Rite Aid has a few great deals using coupons from last Sunday's (7/13) paper. Thanks to moneysavingmom.com for these great deals!

First, you need to understand about the Rite Aid Single Check rebate program. It has an odd name, but all it means is that throughout the month (the rebates change by calendar month) whenever you purchase a rebate item (identified in their monthly rebate flyer) you enter the information from your receipt online, and then once you have entered all of your receipts for the month, you can submit them and they will send you a single check- it's all in one check, not a lot of little rebate checks for individual items. Hence the name, "Single Check Rebate".

So here are a few deals for this week!

Electrasol Powerball Tabs or Gelpacs- on sale $2.99
Use $2.25/1 coupon from 7/13 SmartSource insert (an insert is a coupon section in the Sunday paper)
Get $2 Single Check Rebate #257
Free plus $1.26 overage after coupon and rebate!

Lysol Neutra Air Spray 10 oz.- on sale B1G1 (Buy One Get One Free)
Buy 2 and use B1G1 coupon from 7/13 SmartSource insert
Get both free after store sale and coupon! (I have had clerks try to not let me do this before because they don't think the register will accept it, but I just kindly ask them to try it and it always works!)

L'Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Shampoo/Conditioner- on sale B1G1
Buy 2 and use B1G1 coupon from 7/13 SmartSource insert
Get both free after store sale and coupon

My Rite Aid trip this evening was not entirely successful because they did not have the Lysol or the L'Oreal shampoo in stock, but I was able to snag a few other deals. Out of pocket I spent $8.58 (includes tax) and I should be receiving $7.49 back in rebates. So I spent about $1 for the Electrasol, Tone hand soap, Crest Whitening Expressions toothpaste, and 2 packages of maxi pads. Not a bad night's work! Lucky for me I have several other Rite Aid pharmacies in my area that I can check with to find my other out-of-stock items. I would hate to miss a freebie!

Hope this helps any newbies out there! Be sure to post a comment if you try it out and let me know how it went!

3 comments:

  1. do you know if walmart price matches those kinds of deals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wal-Mart will match some price deals, but usually only a sale price, not things like "Buy One Get One Free" or "Two For $xx". For example, the shampoo would not be matched b/c it's a B1G1, but they might match the $2.99 Electrasol price. However, they would not match the price after rebate.

    If you check the moneysavingmom site today, she lists some great Wal-Mart deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the shampoo thing and wondered if it would really work. That is just too good to be true. Can't wait to do it!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...