Friday, April 22, 2011

Just for Earth Day- A Swingin' Makeover!


This is my swing. My poor, sad, dilapidated swing. I love my swing. It is my special place in my backyard where I sit and glide lazily back and forth as my children run and play. It is where I have cuddled children and read them stories, it is where popsicles are eaten, and where I have fallen sound asleep on many a warm afternoon whilst being pregnant and exhausted. I love my swing.

So, inspired by a wonderful sale at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give my swing some special spring TLC!
- 8 bags of mulch: $13
- 1 roll of landscaping fabric: $5
- 6 flowers: $3.50
- 2 new pillows (splurge!): $16
- 3 hours of sweat and hard labor on a Monday morning: exhausting
- beautiful swing: PRICELESS!

Doesn't it look so much happier now?


A look at the new mulch and flowers (snapdragons and petunias, I believe).

Pink makes me happy.


And of course, yellow is a happy color too.


See how happy and contented I am? Yay for spring! Yay for Earth Day! And yay for really good deals on mulch and flowers!! :-)

Have you been busy in your garden or yard? What projects have you been working on, or do you hope to work on this spring?

3 comments:

  1. Aw, man! Now I want a swing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, it was worth every penny! If you can ever find a good deal on one, you should totally go for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect way to spend the day!

    Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...