Saturday, November 10, 2012

Warm, Yummy Deliciousness for 60 Tiny Calories



One of my favorite things about cold weather is hot chocolate- YUM! Nothing like cuddling on the couch with a nice warm cup of cocoa. Unfortunately, that hot chocolate isn’t very supportive of my efforts to lose the baby weight...at around 150 calories a cup, it doesn’t always fit into my nutritional budget.

Fortunately, I have found a delicious alternative that is too good not to share- it’s the low-cal version of this Hot Vanilla recipe. The original recipe called for regular milk and sugar. By simply substituting almond milk and no-calorie sweetener, I was able to make this for just 60 calories (that includes the whipped cream)! SWEET!


Here’s the recipe:

60 Calorie Hot Vanilla

1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon no calorie sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon to taste
2 tablespoons light whipped cream

Heat almond milk, then stir in vanilla, sweetener, and cinnamon. Add whipped cream on top and enjoy!

As my 6-year-old would say, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Do you have any favorite low-calorie alternatives to your favorite treats? Leave a comment and share! I need all the help I can get! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...