Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Post-Valentines Looooove



Valentines Day is past and Easter is just around the corner, so stores are now trying to clear out the old to make way for the new! Which is great news for us bargain hunters, as it means we will be getting some awesome deals here in the next few weeks.

Today I stopped by CVS and discovered their Valentines clearance for 75% off, meaning that we are now in the "sweet spot" for the after-holiday sales- it's the time when we've moved past the not-so-discounted discounts (think 25-30% off) and we're into the deeper discount phase (75%+ off). Because we're not into the rock-bottom discount phase yet (90% off baby! whoo!!) there is still a good selection in the stores. That's why I consider it a "sweet spot" for finding the best bargains.

I managed to score 3 bags of Hershey Kisses (hey, the wrappers may be pink and red, but that chocolate inside still tastes the same!!) for $0.87 each, two packages of heart and flower shaped marshmallows for $0.25 each, a bag of heart-shaped lollipops for $0.25, and a package of "Lotto for Lovers" tickets (so funny, I just had to) for $0.50.

Post-Valentines clearance is some of my favorite because I can stock up on little love reminders that I can use for my kids and my husband all year long. Love never goes out of season! Also, many of the Valentines clearance items can also easily be used in Easter baskets (especially if your kids are young!) so now is a great time to start thinking ahead.

I'm planning on checking out a few more stores this week to see what else I can score while we're still in the sweet spot!

Have you found any great Valentines clearance deals? Leave a comment and share!

1 comment:

  1. I also stock up on the Valentine's cards for next year's parties. I would much rather pay less now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy. Nice to know I'm not just sitting here talking to myself. So, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...